If your back is hurting, you are not alone. Many Americans will experience back pain at some point in life. Yet despite how common back pain is, most of the causes are unknown. However, what is clear is that seeking treatment from a chiropractor can help manage your symptoms. So, if back pain is causing you sleepless nights in Highland Park, NJ, book an appointment with Rebarber Family Chiropractic for pain relief.
Causes of Back Pain
While most back pain cases don’t have a clear-cut source, there are well-known causes of back pain. For instance, injuries from falls, slips, and car accidents may injure your spinal muscles and joints, causing pain. Other common causes of back pain include:
- Sciatica: If the sciatic nerve or its roots are compressed, you will likely experience pain that travels from the lower back to one of your legs.
- Osteoarthritis: To prevent spinal discs from rubbing against each other, they are separated by cartilage that acts as a shock absorber. Unfortunately, osteoarthritis causes wear and tear of the cartilage, causing bones to rub against each other. The results? Rubbing results in pain and stiffness.
- Herniated disc: When your chiropractor says you have a herniated disc, the soft tissue between vertebrae has leaked from the spin, and the causes include injury and wear and tear. A herniated disc may not cause pain, but when it compresses a nearby nerve, it results in symptoms like weakness, tingling, numbness, and pain.
- Spinal stenosis: If you are aged 60 and above, your spinal column may narrow down, putting pressure on the spinal cord and the nerves. As a result, you may experience numbness in your legs and shoulders.
- Strains and sprains: Awkward twisting, car accidents, and sports injuries may injure the tendons and ligaments on your back. You may experience pain, swelling, and stiffness if you have a sprain or strain.
Back pain sucks, but that doesn’t mean you have to “learn to live” with pain. Visit a chiropractor on our team.
Triggers for Back Pain
Back pain can be triggered by things you do or don’t do in life, like:
- Living an inactive life
- Lifting heavy objects
- Living a sedentary life
- Wearing uncomfortable shoes
- Being obese
Besides, stress can cause muscle tension in your back.
How We Treat Back Pain
After diagnosing the cause of your back pain, spinal manipulation is the first line of treatment we administer to bring your pain under control. Other treatments we may use include:
- Cold laser therapy
- Stretching exercises
- Physical therapy
- Activator methods
Contact Us for a Help with Back Pain from a Chiropractor on Our Team
Ready get help for back pain in Highland Park, NJ? Book an appointment with us at Rebarber Family Chiropractic by calling (732) 246-4242.